Toy safety and its accompanying regulations have been and continue to be a very important topic to consider BEFORE establishing a brand presence in the United States (US.)
Areas of Expertise
euroSource has many years of experience with US CPSIA and EU EN-71 toy safety regulations. We have been instrumental in achieving third party test burden reduction for small businesses manufacturing children’s products. We can design and build platforms for your compliance efforts or teach you more efficient routes to compliance.
- Establish a platform within your manufacturing environment to assure compliance.
- Identify specific CPSC Children’s product safety rules and standards to which your products must adhere.
- Provide training for your company and quality or compliance staff regarding the requirements of US regulations.
- Design Children’s Product Certificate forms tailored for your product and process.
- Review testing laboratory quotes for reduction of costs via unnecessary tests, and places where overlap of US and EU standards allows a single test.
- Audit or assess your existing compliance efforts.
- Advise you in the occurrence of a non-compliance event.
How to Get Started
Education and Training
First, learn the basics of the CPSIA regulations and compliance. The CPSC web site is an excellent resource.
euroSource can identify the CPSC safety rules that apply to your product and use these to produce a sample Children’s Product Certificate form.
Audit and Assessments
Contact us to see how your company can benefit from an on-site audit of your compliance procedures. euroSource recommends a compliance program that fits your process, is certain to reduce costs, and provides you with the assurance you need to move forward into the US marketplace.